UP Educators' Circle's Fan Box

My photo
Tough female looking for answers. In a relationship that constantly tests her patience and endurance, but makes her happy, in a way. Wants happiness and money. No leads too small. No information dismissible.

Today, I Fear

I met fear today, and he had your name.

I will never forget his eyes, almost feral, almost angry, almost everything I thought fear would be.
And I faltered.

His hands were sharp. I closed my eyes and waited to be wounded, but I wasn't.
And he faltered.

How could he strike me, when I tell him that he is not real?
How could he hurt me, when inside, he hurts more?
I met fear today, and finally I knew how it is to be strong for another.

I took him in my arms and pleaded for him to stop.
His body trembled and I understood his hesitation.
His tears wet my shoulder and I understood his pain.

I met fear today, and I continued to love him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers